If you’re looking for how you can have a brighter and whiter smile, veneers may be a good option for you. They can improve your smile, including making your teeth look whiter and straighter. They can also help to protect your teeth from damage. If you’re considering getting veneers, here are five ways they help to improve your smile! But first, let’s explain what these are, how they are placed and why they are so popular.
What Are Veneers?
Dental veneers are permanent thin layers of tooth-colored materials that cover the front surface of the teeth to improve their appearance. They are designed to shape your teeth and are placed on the tooth’s original enamel during the procedure.
What Are Veneers Made Of?
Veneers can be made from porcelain or resin materials. However, at The Dental District, they are made from porcelain since it is a long lasting material.
How Veneers Are Put On Teeth?
The porcelain dental veneer procedure generally follows these steps:
- Trimming the tooth. Veneers require approximately 0.5 mm of tooth reduction. A small amount of enamel has to be removed so that the veneer over your tooth looks natural.
- Making an impression. After trimming, the dentist will take an impression of your tooth and its surrounding teeth and gums with an impression “putty” or “paste”. This will act as a copy of your mouth for your personalized veneers to be fabricated.
- Fabricating the veneers. The impressions are sent to the dental lab, where veneers will be custom-fabricated. The time required for them to get done is approximately one week, although this may vary.
- Cementing. At your next appointment, your teeth will be cleaned and prepared for the veneers to be bonded or cemented according to your tooth’s shape.
Why Are Veneers So Popular?
Dental veneers are one of the most popular procedures of cosmetic dentistry due to these benefits:
- Natural And Bright Look. Veneers are a fast and easy way of having perfect, natural-looking teeth, which overall can significantly improve your facial appearance.
- Easy Procedure. Getting veneers isn’t a complicated process, in fact, you will only need to make two appointments: the first to trim your teeth and make impressions, and a second one to put them on your teeth.
- Influencers And Actors Have Them. It’s common to see internet and movie celebrities with perfect-looking teeth, especially now that social media has spread widely in our everyday lives. Both men and women in the entertainment industry are showing off pearly whites smiles that have been achieved with the help of dental veneers. With the ability to influence great masses, it is only natural that more and more people get interested in this procedure.
You May Also Like: Top 5 Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Benefits Of Porcelain Veneers
- They Camouflage Different Dental Imperfections. Veneers can hide different imperfections such as chipped or cracked teeth, stains, and discoloration that couldn’t be fixed even with teeth whitening. They can also be placed on front teeth to fill in gaps.
- They Improve Your Confidence And Boost Self-Esteem. They say that the smile is your presentation card, like so, having stained or crooked teeth can prevent you from smiling freely when you are in public. Since veneers improve the appearance of your teeth by hiding dark or yellow spots, you will be able to smile confidently again.
- Correct Gummy Smiles. Sometimes, a smile shows too much of your gum line, which leads to insecurity for many people. Veneers can make the teeth look larger, so your smile is more harmonic and symmetrical.
- Teeth Straightening. Dental veneers can give you a straighter look without the discomfort of braces since veneers change the teeth’ shape providing an aligned appearance. However, it is important to know that if your dental alignment affects your bite, our specialists may recommend an orthodontic treatment.
- You Can Have A Whiter Smile For Years. Porcelain veneers are durable and strong. Practicing good oral health daily, they can last up to twenty years!
As you can see, the benefits of veneers are amazing; however, if you are looking for complimentary cosmetic dental procedures to do a complete transformation, you can ask for a smile makeover, which usually includes treatments such as Zoom Teeth Whitening and Crowns, just like actor Joshua Hooks from Los Angeles got done with us:
How Much Do Veneers Cost?
At The Dental District, the cost per veneer is $400 USD and patients usually get them in pair numbers so they look even on your smile. In comparison, in San Diego, CA, the prices for the same treatments can range from $1,000 to $3,500 per tooth.
If you’re looking to improve your smile, veneers are the perfect option! Our team of experienced professionals can help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Contact us today and schedule an appointment!